Fran Curran teaches weaving at the Hartford Artisans Weaving Center on Woodland St. in Hartford. The fall session starts on September 8, 2014.
- When: Monday afternoons from 1 – 3:30, 9 sessions (Sept 8 - Nov 10)
- Where: The Hartford Artisans Weaving Center; 40 Woodland St, Hartford, CT.
- Level: Beginner to Advanced
- Cost: $194 tuition for 9 sessions plus materials. Extra benchtime, Tuesday through Thursday, plus the two weeks following the session, is included.
- Complete and mail the registration form with a deposit check ($100) by Aug 7. The class limit is 10 people. For the September session, if more than 10 registration forms are received, a registration lottery will be held. Otherwise registrations will be accepted on a first come basis. The balance of the tuition is due by Sept 8.
- Call 860-727-5727 for more information or email.
Three day Workshop with Barbara Walker - Aug 29,30,31 (Labor Day Weekend)
Barbara Walker, fiber artist from Salem, OR was awarded the Master Certificate of Excellence in Handweaving from Handweavers Guild of America in 1990. She is an active member of Northwest Designer Craftsmen, has been a faculty member of the Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts and the Sitka Center for Art and Ecology, and has taught for guilds and conferences in the United States, England, and Canada.
The workshop is entitled "Stripes with Attitude."
Bold or subtle, stripes can be so much more than different colored threads. Discover the roles color, texture, pattern, and structure can play in designing stripes with pizzazz, and learn to warp a loom with two warps. Exercises include how to turn drafts and extract portions to create patterned stripes. Sample weaving consists of twill and lace manipulations, textured lines, turned draft stripes, and various uses of supplementary warps.
For more information, contact the Weaving Center
New storefront on Etsy.com
The Weaving Center is now selling online at Etsy.com. Perfect for our customers who are unable to shop at our "boutique" on Woodland St. Check it out.
2013 Holiday Open House and Sale
We enjoyed fantastic sales. Thanks to all our guests, volunteers and especially our artisans for making the weekend a resounding success. (photos by K.C.)
lightbox effect jqueryby VisualLightBox.com v5.7